Looks like this blog post is each week later. From Sep 20 till the 26 last year it actually was nationwide Singles Week. During the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Kansas began this observance which drops regarding third full week of Sep. It had been started to
… recognize a large number of unmarried Americans usually do not recognize aided by the word «unmarried» because they’re parents, have associates or tend to be widowed.
Here are a few present fascinating basic facts and data on singles in America:
- these day there are 95.9 million single folks in the U.S. that 18 many years or more mature. This will make right tender meet up 43 percent of most adults. (from 2008)
- 53 % of the singles tend to be ladies
- 61 per cent among these singles do not have been married prior to. 24 per cent have-been divorced and another 15 % had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) take into account 15.8 million of xxx singles which 16 per cent having not ever been married.
- 11.6 million of sex singles are parents coping with their children, 9.8 million tend to be women.
The full fact sheet regarding Unmarried and solitary Us americans month, visit the U.S. Census Bureau.